A platform with IT contents to educate, showcasing and developing a digitally literate young generation in line with the DPI vision statement, which is essential to an emerging information society like Nigeria.
- Date: 2nd to 14th August 2020
- Venue: Topfaith Secondary Uyo Akwa Ibom state
About Digi Log-On
Nigeria has no doubt made relative progress in engendering robust ICT curriculum into her educational systems; it has even made names among the countries regarded as pacesetter for ICT revolution in Africa. However, the empirical surveys of the citizens in this regards have faulted the seeming achievements on the ground that these benefits excludes the vulnerable groups in the society.
DIGI LOG-ON is a Television based IT education programme, an initiative of Digital Peers International that is centred on creating a classic platform with IT contents to educate, showcase and develop a digitally literate young generation in line with the DPI vision statement, which is essential to an emerging information society like Nigeria.
Why DIGI LOG-ON?
The objectives of this initiative include, among others:
- The creation of an interactive, educative and informative ICT focused Television magazine programme that will consistently disseminate useful information regarding ICT trends and breakthroughs
- The constructive enhancement and exposure of the viewers to the multifaceted world of ICT through ICT foundational trainings, and
- The building of viewers’ requisite ICT capabilities with particular focus on the needs of the vulnerable in the society.
In this regard, DIGI LOG ON will take advantage of the common presence of Television to bridge the digital divide in the society.
DIGI LOG-ON Benefits
The overall benefits of the initiatives will include but not be limited to the following;
- Boost ICT education outreach and interest at the grassroots.
- Present a common platform for ICT learning for those in the catchment group of DPI’s outreach.
- Contribute to the building of a more ICT-savvy society.
- Give opportunity to individuals, schools and organizations to showcase their advancement in ICT related issues.
All these benefits will come at practically no knowledge acquisition cost to the viewers.
Register To Attend DIGITEST 2020!!!
Join us this year for a more fun-filled camping experience